Tuesday, January 13, 2015

This Is What Matters



Last night I had to give a brief but very important presentation to our Athletic Boosters at school.  I was lucky enough to celebrate Andy as the Athlete of the Month for Hockey.  I have been coaching hockey for 4 years for our high school team.  Andy is the epitome of the student-athlete in every way.  He is our captain and works hard on the ice but even harder in the classroom. This past weekend, as President of National Honor Society, he organized Hockey for Hearts benefit hockey game that supported heart and health awareness.  I have learned a lot from teaching and coaching, and I hope my 2 boys at home will grow up with same work ethic and determination that Andy shows on a daily basis.  It has been a privilege to know him in the classroom and on the ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment